Google+ Badge

Monday, 15 February 2016

Easy Pasta Bake

I cooked a massive chicken on Sunday and managed to have some left on Monday despite Wonder Boy adoring all kinds of meat. I know it was cooked the Slimming World way because I'd skinned the chicken before cooking it in the slow cooker so it was steamed/poached really.

I had 3/4 of a bag of pasta in the cupboard and some ratatouille in the fridge.

The topping sounds really weird but the eggs stabilise the yoghurt and prevent it from curdling. It's now my go-to recipe to use instead of white sauce: it works every time, it's much less faff and it's good for you!

This was brilliant comfort food, and quite happily sat in the fridge for 24hours. I've frozen these types of bakes before too - cooked and uncooked.

Method
Cook the pasta (slightly under cook it)
Drain, and mix with chopped chicken and ratatouille.
Thoroughly mix together the ff natural yoghurt and eggs.
Spread the yoghurt/egg mix over the top of the bake.
Sprinkle the mozzarella (I used 120g) on top.

Bake for 20 - 30 min on 180°C

Ideally this should be served with a big salad.

Serves 3 (or 2 adults and 2 hungry children) generously.

1 x Healthy extra A per portion

No comments:

Post a Comment