Wednesday 1 June 2016

Chickpea and apricot curry

I've tweaked another Jack Monroe recipe to make it healthy eating friendly. My husband saw me with the recipe book out and was pleased to see we'd be having it for dinner, so I hope my version lives up to the original!

1 can chickpeas
5 apricots
1 onion
1 clove garlic
1 carrot
1 tsp dried chilli flakes
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp tumeric
1/2 tsp spicy paprika
1 carton passata
1 veg stock cube
Fresh coriander, to serve

Finely chop the carrot, onion and garlic (I actually grated them today as I'd already got the food processor out to make these delicious falafels - just leave out the flour and use a little chickpea water to help bind them).

Fry the onion, garlic, carrot and chilli together until soft along with the spices.

Add the passata, the stock cube and a little extra water if necessary.

Drain the chickpeas (reserve the liquid to try some of these recipes) and add to the pan, leaving to simmer for about 20 minutes.

Just before serving, stir through the apricots.

Serves 2


No comments:

Post a Comment